Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Looking Back

 I have been in denial about the new year coming, and now here we are, three days into it already. 2012! It seems unreal that 2011 is gone and put behind us. I have been reflecting on the past year's events, and find that I have a lot to thank the Lord for.

 In some ways, the past year has been a hard one. I've had many lessons to learn, and I still haven't learned them all. :) But, as I reflect, I find that the Lord has been so gracious to me! He has walked with me through all the hard times, and has continued to guide me through each twist and turn. I'm so grateful that He cares about me enough to teach me the hard lessons.

 I have a testimony of God's protection over me in 2011.  In June, my mom and I were in a bad car accident. Thankfully, The Lord protected us, and we are both OK. I know that He was watching over us that day, and if you had seen my totaled car, you would know it too! It's a miracle that we weren't critically injured!

 I guess the thing I see most, as I look back over the year, is God's Amazing Grace! He give so much grace to us. Oh the thought that Jesus loves me! It is still astounding that the Lord continues to care for me, despite my many failures. He has been so faithful to me in 2011, and I know He will continue to be in 2012! So, I don't fear what may come my way this next year, because I know that my Lord is with me, and He will guide me through!

 This is one of my favorite songs, sung by The Collingsworth Family, and it's a great song for the new year!

 "In this age of uncertainty, questions come to my mind. What is waiting ahead for me, and the rest of mankind?
Fear not tomorrow! God is already there. He's charting each course you take, He sees each hidden snare. He's waiting to guide you through each burden and care. Fear not tomorrow, God is already there!
Are you troubled o'er things to come, is your future unsure? Are dreading the coming dawn, a long day to endure?
Fear not tomorrow! God is already there. He's charting the course you take, He sees each hidden snare. He's waiting to guide you through each burden and care. Fear not tomorrow, God is already there.
Many things about tomorrow, I don't seem to understand, but I know who holds tomorrow, and I know who holds my hand.
Fear not tomorrow, GOD IS ALREADY THERE!"



 

1 comment: