Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resolutions anybody?

 I don't usually make resolutions. That word just seems to lend itself to being broken. :) But I usually take time to reflect on what God has done in the past, and think about what I need to work on in the coming year. I guess you might say I make goals. But I always want to make sure these are prayed over, and done in Christ's strength, knowing that I can do nothing without it.

 One thing I want to do better about this year is giving myself ample time for preparation. I feel like I need to take more time to prepare for things, so I'm not rushing around, last minute, looking for that item that is hiding from me, then, running out the door, and rushing to make it wherever I'm going on time. :)  It's cool if that happens once in a blue moon, but since it seems to be a regular occurrence, then I have issues. :) So, with the Lord's help, my big goal for this year is to remedy that problem. I am going to try and do what I need to do in order to be ready to depart earlier, and not have to stress about making it somewhere on time. I hate being late, and am rarely tardy, but I stress myself out making sure I'm not. :) I just need to start laying out my clothes the night before, or whatever it takes, so I'm not running around like a crazy person in the morning. :)

 Anyone have any goals or resolutions for the new year to share? Also, feel free to share any tips on preparing ahead of time so as not to stress out! I hope everyone has a blessed year filled with God's presence and grace everyday!

 

1 comment: