Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hairstyles for the Wedding!

I have been commissioned to do hair for my friend Jessica's wedding! She is getting married in about two weeks! As I love doing hair, naturally I am excited about this undertaking. But, I also feel a bit of pressure. After all, it's a wedding! Everyone wants to look beautiful!

The Bride is having her hair done by a friend who is a professional hair stylist. I am going to be doing some of the bridesmaids' hair. It's interesting when you start working with different people's hair. My sisters and I all have long, straight hair, so I am very accustomed to working with that kind. One of the bridesmaids has shoulder length, fine, layered hair, and another has rather unruly, curly hair. :) So, this will be a little bit different for me. I think I have pretty much figured out what I'm doing with the former, but have yet to determine what to do with the latter. :) Everything I tried, in the practice session,seemed to fall out. Her hair has a mind of it's own. :)

 I think I am going to do sort of a messy, curly, bun updo on the lass with the shoulder length, layered hair. The curls will add volume, and elegance, and the messy bun should work well with the layers.
Something like this, except a bit higher up, and with a part. She doesn't want it brushed back off her face. 
 
I still don't know what to do with the curly hair. :) If anyone has any inspiration for me, feel free to comment!

I have also been thinking about how I'm going to do my own hair for the wedding. I like these hairstyles! What do you think?

Inspired by the newest version of Emma, done by Masterpiece theatre. Not my favorite version, but I like her hair. :)
All these styles came from the amazing Rapunzel's Resource! Anyone with long hair, who likes to do lovely styles, should definitely check her site out!

1 comment: