Monday, June 11, 2012

"New York, New York....."

Last month, my Dad, sister, and I went to NYC for a visit. I have an older sister who lives in Manhattan, so we stayed with her for the weekend. Maryanna and I had never been, and it was quite an experience! Of course, I am a country girl who has never lived in the city, so being in NYC was a bit of a culture shock. But I have to say......I loved it! :) I don't think I would want to live there, mind you, but I certainly enjoyed my visit. There is no down time, that's for sure. :)

The highlight of our trip was seeing Phantom of The Opera on Broadway!!!! Basically, I am still in raptures! I absolutely loved it!! I have wanted to see it for years, and I finally got my wish. *Happy Sigh* Now I am completely hooked on Broadway,(if I wasn't already) and keep coming up with schemes of going back very soon to see another show. :) 
                                                             
 Here are a few of the pictures we took, just to give you a little peak into our time there. I really didn't take that many, as I was too busy taking it all in to snap pictures. :) I guess I'm not a good photographer. 

Riding in a taxi for the first time! :)

Checking out the big city

Looking down the street

Ice Cream Sundae at the popular Serendipity . That thing was wicked!  Pretty much, I still have dreams about it. :)

"On the avenue...."

Subway station

view from Battery Park

Time Square.....where it all happens. :)
Dressed up for the Opera. 
                                       

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful girls! I love the black sophistication in the last picture! :) It's so gorgeous and...and...Operatic. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got to see Phantom! I hope someday to make it to New York City...meanwhile I'm happy you did! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete